Ain't no thing like me, except me. I am the biggest half behind this website and love to write about my deep love for fighting games, (J)RPG's and Destiny. Really do not like Call of Duty and absolutely love pizza.
Capcom has a long term strategy to support SFV with new content over time, and the in-game currency allows everyone to choose how they get it.
there are two types of currency in Street Fighter V:
- Fight Money: Can only be obtained by playing the game. Can be used to earn new content for free.
- Zenny: Can be purchased with real money, and used to access new content immediately.
So when it comes to post-launch gameplay content, everyone has two choices:
- Accumulate Fight Money through gameplay, and use it to earn gameplay related content, such as new characters, for free.
- Purchase Zenny with real money, in order to gain access to the content immediately.
100 Zenny essentially equals $1. However, Zenny will be sold in several denominations, giving everyone choice and even bonus amounts depending on how much is purchased! Some of the options are listed below:
- 100 Zenny = Purchase for $0.99 / €0.99 / £0.79
- 550 Zenny = Purchase for $4.99/€4.99/£3.99 (receive a 50 Zenny bonus)
- 1200 Zenny = Purchase for $9.99/€9.99/£7.99 (receive a 200 Zenny bonus)
- 4000 Zenny = Purchase for $29.99/ €29.99/£24.99 (receive a 1000 Zenny bonus)
Every post-launch fighter will cost 600 Zenny and will have a premium costume which will cost you 400 Zenny, this would mean each character is worth $9.99/€9.99/£7.99. There’s a season pass available for $29.99/ €29.99/£24.99 which will include every post-launch character and their costumes, or you could just earn enough fight money and you’ll never spend money on these characters.
Street Fighter V will launch on PS4 and PC on February 16, 2016