Ain't no thing like me, except me. I am the biggest half behind this website and love to write about my deep love for fighting games, (J)RPG's and Destiny. Really do not like Call of Duty and absolutely love pizza.
Sony and Capcom have released an extended gameplay trailer for their upcoming fighter, Marvel Vs. Capcom : Infinite. The fighting game was announced last week during Sony’s PSX 2016 and came as a welcome surprise to fans of the fighting game series and the starring franchises. Universes will collide on Playstation 4, Xbox One and Steam in 2017.
The rumours are true, there’s a new Marvel Vs. Capcom coming next year. There have been several rumours of a 4th entry in the series for a while, there were even screenshots. Fake ones of course. Last week Marvel and Capcom dropped the news during Sony’s PlayStation Experience 2016, and us here at GameGeekz couldn’t have been more happy with this news and its accompanied trailer which you can watch below.
MvC: Infinite is running on Unreal Engine 4, the game will feature 2-versus-2 battles instead of the 3-on-3 from the last two titles. No assist characters will be joining your duo this time around. Instead, you choose two fighters and one Infinity Stone. The decision to streamline the character select process was made, apparently, to be less intimidating than prior games’ character/assist selection process, and appeal more readily to casual fans–but also to offer the Stone as an assist-substitute, preventing certain characters becoming more like “tools” by being selected solely for what they offer as an assist ability, as the design team has reportedly observed in prior titles.
The Infinity Stones replace the X-factor mechanic from Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and the Stones will provide multiple buffs to your team throughout the match, but the exact means of activation and limitations are still unclear. These stones are pulled from classic Marvel lore, the Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
The game will feature a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission, Arcade modes and the brand new Cinematic Story mode. In this new story mode heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
That’s not all. During the ESPN 2 broadcast of Capcom Cup 2016, Morrigan and Captain America are confirmed to be returning to fight in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. These MvC veterans are back to fight alongside newcomers Captain Marvel and Mega Man X, sporting similar movesets to previous MvC titles. In the extended gameplay trailer, we see Captain America throwing out a Hyper Charging Star and Morrigan using her Darkness Illusion Hyper Combo. There is also a glimpse of one of Mega Man X’s Hyper Combo, where he equips the First Armor from the original Megaman X. One can assume that this Hyper Combo will be similar to Arthur’s Golden Armor from Marvel vs. Capcom 3, with Mega Man X receiving either new moves or buffed stats thanks to this upgrade.You can watch the extended gameplay trailer below.
A list with the game’s current features can be found below and we would hope to see a more detailed character list soon.
- Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
- Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
- Iconic Heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain Marvel from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
- Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
- Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
- Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
- Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is currently in development and will release across North America and Europe in Late 2017.