Ain't no thing like me, except me. I am the biggest half behind this website and love to write about my deep love for fighting games, (J)RPG's and Destiny. Really do not like Call of Duty and absolutely love pizza.
The beta for PS4’s next major system software update, codenamed Musashi (3.50), kicks off on 2nd March. Here are some of Musashi’s key features.
Regardless of whether you’re in the beta or not, Sony wanted to detail some of the key features they’re adding to PS4 in this update. Sony is making it easier to connect and play together with friends and the wider community, as well as introducing some much requested features.
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as Sony has added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign in on the network. Notifications can be tailored to certain friends.
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being interrupted. Now it’s easier to go incognito as Sony has added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event – Now it’s easier to organise a game session. SOny has added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Remote Play (PC/Mac) – Sony is bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
- Dailymotion, new service partner in Share feature – Dailymotion, an additional live streaming service, will become available for PS4 users to enhance their broadcast experience. Like other live streaming services available on PS4, users will enjoy the following features: Activity Feed, What’s New Broadcast Info Tile, Live Detail and Live from PlayStation.
Stay tuned for more details on 3.50, including its release date.