Ain't no thing like me, except me. I am 50% of the awesome people behind this website. I enjoy writing about my deep love for (J)RPG's, fighting games, and Destiny. Really do not like Call of Duty and Battle Royale games. Absolutely love Sushi and Burgers.
Be among the first to play Gearbox’s upcoming multiplayer shooter on Playstation 4 on April 8th and starting April 13th on Xbox One and PC.
To get yourself ready for the Battleborn Open Beta, wrap your mind around what’s at stake. Set in the distant future, you’re fighting to save the last star in the universe. You have 25 heroes – each with wildly different personalities, powers, and play styles – at your disposal as you dip into the action-packed Story Mode or go 5 v 5 in Competitive Multiplayer matches. Experience the natural progression of the game as you rank up and unlock new heroes, skins, taunts, Helix mutations, and more during the Battleborn Open Beta.
The Battleborn open beta will start April 8th at 10am PST (5pm UTC) for PS4 users and later on April 13th at 10am PST (5pm UTC) for PC, and Xbox One users. The open Beta ends April 18th at 7am PST (2pm UTC) for all platforms
During the Open Beta, you’ll be able to experience the natural progression of Battleborn; including two Story Mode episodes, two Competitive Multiplayer Modes, 25 heroes (some instantly available, some will unlock as you progress), and as you play, you’ll rank up on three different progression systems.
STORY MODE: Go in solo or co-op with up to 5 players in two full Story Mode episodes: The Algorithm and Void’s Edge.
- The Algorithm: Take on The Algorithm mission to debug and unlock the rogue Magnus AI, ISIC. If you played in the Closed Technical Test last year, you’ll notice Geoff, the Spider King, has made a few changes to his lair.
- Void’s Edge: Bring a jacket, ‘cause the ice-planet, Bliss, is mighty cold. A Varelsi portal has opened and it’s up to you to fight your way through the invasion and deliver the payload.
COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER MODES: Challenge other players to duke it out in two Competitive Multiplayer modes: Incursion and Meltdown.
- Incursion: (Overgrowth map) Destroy the enemy’s two Spider Sentry Drones before they get to yours.
- Meltdown: (Paradise map) Send waves of minions to their death and score points for every minion who throws themselves into the incinerator. The team with the most scrap metal wins!
PARTY UP WITH FELLOW BADASSES: Conscript your friends for a truly badass Open Beta experience!
- Party up with friends or search for random players to join them in Co-Op Story Mode episodes.
- Play Split-Screen on PS4 and Xbox One in either Story Mode or Competitive Multiplayer Modes.
- Communicate with your teammates through in-game Voice Chat.
- Practice makes badass – create private custom matches with friends to get a handle on controls and practice with new characters as you unlock them.
Special PS4 Content:
As a thank you to PS4 players who participate in the Open Beta, they will receive the first Battleborn DLC Pack 1 and instant access to Alani upon release. In addition, PS4 players will have access to the Battleborn hero, Toby, during the Open Beta.
More information on Battleborn’s open Beta can be found on the official Battleborn blog. Battleborn will release on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC on May 3th.