Ain't no thing like me, except me. I am 50% of the awesome people behind this website. I enjoy writing about my deep love for (J)RPG's, fighting games, and Destiny. Really do not like Call of Duty and Battle Royale games. Absolutely love Sushi and Burgers.
The next instalment in the Star Ocean franchise, Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness, comes to PS4 on June 28 ( in Europe on the 1st of July).
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness revolves around a blue-haired swordsman named Fidel. Fidel and his crew, which includes the pink-haired healer named Miki, embark on an adventure that will transcend space to protect a mysterious girl, Relia, from dark forces.
A message from producer Shuichi Kobyashi for the Western Star Ocean fans:
It has been quite long since the last installment was released and the time has now come for us to share another “tale of the sea of stars” with you. I personally adore this franchise and have been excited to be involved in the process of its resurrection. There are fewer JRPGs for consoles on the market these days and I believe that this makes the release of this new game particularly significant. The franchise has always featured exhilarating action battles and with the new game, we deliver an evolved combat system which can involve a party of up to seven characters and it is easier to execute combo attacks.
There are also many new and additional game items and content that we hope may encourage you to replay the game for added value, and I sincerely hope you will give this game a try. We would really like to get your support so that we can continue to tell more “tales of the sea of stars”.
- The game will have dual audio options, meaning you can switch between English and Japanese voice-over. If you prefer Japanese voice-over, you can select to have English subtitles.
- The characters were designed by “akiman” (Street Fighter series).
- The score was composed by Motoi Sakuraba (Tales of series, Dark Souls series).
There is a Square Enix e-Store exclusive collector’s edition and it’s made up of some pretty sweet items. Square Enix is only selling 7,500 of these.
- A special collector’s edition box featuring the main cast of characters.
- A special collector’s edition steelbook.
- An 80-page hardcover art book featuring artwork from the entire Star Ocean series.
- A music sampler with 16 tracks chosen specifically from composer Motoi Sakuraba.
- Eight art cards featuring character illustrations by akiman.
- A Pangalactic Federation ID Card.
- In-Game DLC items to give you an edge in beginning your journey.
- Six music themes to customize battle BGM to music from the Valkyrie Profile & Star Ocean series.
If you miss out on the collector’s edition, you can still pre-order to receive the Day One edition which will have the same DLC items, as well as two BGM themes from the Valkyrie Profile series you can play during battle.
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness will release in North America on June 28 and Europe on July 1, 2016 for PlayStation 4.