Ain't no thing like me, except me. I am 50% of the awesome people behind this website. I enjoy writing about my deep love for (J)RPG's, fighting games, and Destiny. Really do not like Call of Duty and Battle Royale games. Absolutely love Sushi and Burgers.
RuneScape is now powered by an all-new visual engine and it has never looked so good.
RuneScape has received the most important update in its 15-year history with the launch of NXT, an all-new proprietary visual engine and game client. NXT has been in development for over two years at Jagex Games Studio, NXT delivers a total graphical overhaul and a raft of technical improvements for RuneScape’s ever-growing band of players. To experience the newly resplendent world of Gielinor within minutes, players can download the NXT client right now and sign in with their RuneScape account information. Gamers can also see the new NXT-poweredworld in the brand new trailer below.
The arrival of NXT is a landmark evolution for RuneScape as it celebrates its 15th anniversary. NXT provide the opportunity to adventure through a new lens, with the game’s rich environments rendered with massively extended draw distances, up to four times greater than before, and the introduction of all-new water effects, complete with real-time reflexion and refraction, and full dynamic lighting and shadow casting. NXT development will also see the introduction of normal maps, higher-resolution textures, volumetric lighting and an improved animation system.
NXT – The key features
- Massively extended draw distance, up to 4x compared to Java client
- Fully dynamic lighting and shadow casting over RuneScape’s vast world
- Real-time reflection, refraction and ambient occlusion in all environments
- Atmospherics augmented with physically correct light scattering
- Improved performance across an even broader set of PCs from across the past 12 years
- Built-in support for DirectX12, meaning better future proofing
- Support for wide range of operating systems, including Windows XP to Windows 10, OSX 10.7+, and Ubuntu 14.04+
The NXT client is now available to download from www.runescape.com/download.