Ain't no thing like me, except me. I am 50% of the awesome people behind this website. I enjoy writing about my deep love for (J)RPG's, fighting games, and Destiny. Really do not like Call of Duty and Battle Royale games. Absolutely love Sushi and Burgers.
Stardew Valley is getting some awesome new features in the future. These include Co-op Multiplayer, Merchandise, Console and Mac/ Linux Ports, and much more.
Stardew Valley is a huge succes and I’m really hyped that the game is coming to consoles. However, that could take a while. Luckily ConcernedApe is working on some other updates that will release a bit sooner. The following updates are planned for version 1.1
- More late-game content
- New farm buildings
- New crops
- New artisan goods
- New advanced farming/producing mechanics
- Shane and Emily will be marriage candidates. They will also have more events and dialogue as a result.
- More marriage content for all spouses
- More events for the non-marriage NPC’s
- Improvements/Additions to mining and combat
- Ability to move buildings and other convenience features
- More bug fixes
- More secrets
- More small, fun touches to the world
(note: anything in this list is subject to change)
Now, there’s obviously a huge amount of work involved to achieve all this… and I am just one person. I know in the past I’ve been very adamant about doing everything myself… and I still am, when it comes to game design and content. However, I’ve decided to seek outside help for some of the more technical things listed above. More specifically, I’ve accepted an offer from Chucklefish in which they will handle the porting, localization, and the technical side of multiplayer. This will allow me to focus on creating new game content for version 1.1, which I will continue to do entirely on my own.
And here’s the complete list of what’s planned for the future of Stardew Valley, including console ports:
- Version 1.1 — A substantial content update
- Co-op Multiplayer
- Localizing for non-english regions
- Mac/Linux Ports
- Console Ports