Gamer dad who loves the classics, indies, racers and the occasional shooter. Have been in the industry for well over a decade and am as enthusiastic as ever! #4theplayers
D-Day has come and we couldn’t be happier. GameGeekz was present at the Dutch Destiny 2 launch party in venue “de Melkweg” in Amsterdam, where we met fellow Guardians and dominated in Crucible 🙂 After midnight all servers were running but we have quite some issues, so how do we keep on gaming?
Destiny 2 Launch Party
For the occasion, we visited the Destiny 2 launch party in the “Melkweg” (Milkyway) venue in Amsterdam. After a two-and-a-half-hour drive we arrived in Amsterdam and made our way into the “Milkyway” where from the entrance on everything was Destiny 2 branded; very nicely done. Inside there was plenty of room to play Campaign or Crucible. Free drinks and snacks for everybody and my eardrums were totally annihilated by the beats the 4 DJs were dropping. After meeting with friends of old and several Dutch celebrities, the final countdown at midnight launched Destiny 2 and everybody went home for some well-needed sleep or ignoring valuable life lessons and jumping right in the Story. Shout out to @Activision_NL for the invite and see you Guardians at the Farm!
Destiny 2 Errors
Cabbage error code
Judging from posts on Bungie’s forums, the issue seems to mostly affect players using Technicolor modems. Right now, the exact solution isn’t clear, but Bungie is investigating: this thread will update when there is more information available (and we’ll update this post in turn). It’s also worth following @BungieHelp on Twitter for updates.
ce-34878-0 error code (PS4)
Several players are also reporting a ce-34878-0 error code on PlayStation 4 Pro consoles, which is a Sony-specific code. The process for dealing with this code is as follows:
- Close the application, install the latest System Software and game updates and restart the system.
- If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive (“HDD”) in your system, please reinstall the original HDD.
- When the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].
- If the error occurs with every application, or as soon as the application starts, please contact PlayStation Support.
Destiny Server Queues
This may be an issue for some during the launch period, as Destiny 2 is going to be popular. Server queues are designed to regulate the Destiny experience and to make sure that stability can be assured. The Bungie Help page notes that:
- When a player loses connection or is removed from the queue, their placement will not be retained
- If a player reaches the front of this queue and is unable to connect to Destiny servers, they will have to re-enter the queue to try again
- Queue times may vary, depending on server traffic and concurrent population
While you might be waiting in a queue to get into the EDZ, just read our comprehensive Destiny 2 guide or watch this Japanese Destiny 2 Dance Commercial; really funny and well done!
We’ll be updating with workarounds, solutions, and comments from Bungie as they come in, so bookmark this page if you want to stay on top of Destiny’s various error codes post-launch.